Monday, July 18, 2011

Now Accepting Deck Lists for Reviews (and suggestions for scoring criteria)

It's been a while since I posted a new blog.  When I started this, I thought I'd be writing in it daily, but there just hasn't been enough time. Since I got back from Nationals, I've been struggling to keep up with all the emails that comes along with all the new vids that I've been uploading.  So I apologize to many of you that have experienced delays in hearing back from me.  I am getting to everyone!  It's just taking some time!

One of the biggest reasons for delays is that several people have suggested that I start doing deck reviews on my channel.  I've done 2 so far (uploads are still in progress - HD videos take several hours to upload sadly), and I've prepared 2 more that I'm planning on doing when I get home from work in the morning.  So far I really like doing them, although I know I need to work on being more organized when going through them.  I'd also like to work out some sort of scale to measure decks on that would combine various factors such as creativity, deck consistency, etc.....  Any suggestions to the sorts of categories that I could include would be greatly appreciated!

My main request is for the obvious - deck lists!  I can't do deck reviews without deck lists!  My goal isn't just to go over big meta decks and give my opinion, although I can certainly do that if anyone is interested, but primarily to help out players.  I don't consider myself a great player, but I think I'm pretty good at analysis and a slightly above average player.  I also have access to many players that I would consider great that I could consult if I get a deck that proves to be 'tricky'.

If you'd like your deck to be reviewed, but don't want your list shared with all of youtube, you can send a skeleton list, which basically would include what's in the deck (pokemon, energy, trainers, supporters, stadiums), but not give out the numbers.  Or you could send the full deck list and ask that I don't share the list in the video.  Whatever makes you feel more comfortable!

If doing deck reviews becomes fairly popular and there's enough interest, I can also build the decks myself and try them out against other decks in videos.  That way you can see how your deck works in action (or how it doesnt work....)

Thanks for taking the time to read, and if you choose to submit a deck, you can send it as a PM to my capeter3ncsu youtube account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment